Vegan Shortcrust Pastry.
This is my go to recipe for pastry, its simple and is done in minutes, I find it works well in sweet or savoury dishes, go on have a go at pastry. You can make this without a processor but it does make it so fast.
225g/8oz plain flour
pinch of salt
100g/4oz vegan margarine
2 1/2 tablespoons cold water
|Four ingrediants only|
- Place the salt and flour into the processor.
- Add the margarine when the processor is on a low speed, in small pieces.
- Keep the processor on medium and add the water. Increase the processor gradually until all the ingrediants combine.
- Stop when the pastry froms a ball.
- Knead lightly to form a ball. Cover in clingfilm and refridgerate until needed.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add the margarine and rub in lightly with your fingertipsuntil the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle over the water and mix, using a round-bladed knife, until the mixture begins to bind together and form a dough.
- Knead together very lightly and use as required.
|Basic plain flour|
|Food processor makes light work of pastry|
|Pastry ready for the fridge|